Test results obviously confirm the high thermal strength of Pert material.
1. Pipes from Pert material (which include metal-reinforced plastic pipes) even of high diameters are supplied in coils. It always reduces the spending of fittings and assembling time.
Only limited number of manufacturers of polypropylene pipes produces it in small amounts (only small diameters 20 and 25 mm) in coils.
2. Peak (emergency) running temperature of Pert material (124, 7 ºС) is higher than of PPR material (100 ºС)
3. Work running temperature of Pert material is higher (95 ºС) than work running temperature of PPR material (90 ºС).
4. Durable strength retention of Pert is notably higher than durable strength retention of PPR. According to results of independent researches polypropylene quickly deteriorates under high temperatures that’s why its working life less than 50 years (it is a minimal service time of Pert). Over 10 years of service polypropylene pipes become more fragile.
5. Absence of elasticity of polypropylene allows using it only on the straight-line sections. It increases spending of fittings and efforts for assembling. Moreover low elasticity of polypropylene together with its high crystallinity make it very attackable even to small mechanical actions. Though a slight tap can be a reason of microcracks into pipe body.
6. High strength of Pert material allows making pipes with walls thinner than walls of the same pipes from PPR material.
7. Pert is less rough material. Roughness of Pert pipes is lower by 2-3 times than roughness of pipes from polypropylene. It effects on pipeline pressure loss. Nowadays at the market there are PPR pipes with reduced roughness coefficient but it is achieved by means of additional parts. That’s why cost of polypropylene goods is increased.
Having high strength characteristics material Pert have some essential advantages:
1. Pipelines from Pert material are cheaper. Economy is achieved by use of cheaper welded fittings. Pipes from Pex material are not possible to use. It is better to take into account that with the lapse of time any Pex pipelines need serving and extra expenses. It is prohibited to put concrete into Pex pipeline junctions!
2. Peak (emergency) running temperature of Pert material (124, 7 ºС) is higher than of Pex material (110 ºС)
3. Pipes Pert (600 МPа) are more flexible than pipes Pex (1 100 МPа).
4. Pipes Pert are less exposed to breaking ultra-violet rays than pipes Pex. All polymer pipes wreck under the influence of solar ultraviolet radiation. That’s why assembling of such products must provide impossibility of ingress of incoming solar beams to pipeline. In case of assembling of pipes Pex without regard to this claim lead to cracking of polymer and its falling to aluminum layer (in case of metal-reinforced plastic pipes). At the markets there are UV resistant pipes Pex. But firstly this addition is more expensive and secondly it is black and all products with its including are also black.
It is possible to reconstruct broken one-layer pipes Pert with the help of heat gun.
It is important to realize that because of some characteristics of PPR material, pipes from this material are produced with thicker walls. That’s why having the same diameter pipes have different water-carrying capacity (water-carrying capacity of polypropylene pipes is smaller). Roughness of PPR material makes water-carrying capacity of pipes less). So, it is better to compare prices of Pert and PPR pipes with account of the fact that polypropylene products are taken with bigger diameter (in one step in assortment). For example pipe Pert with diameter of 20 mm is equal to pipe PPR with diameter of 25 mm.
Fiber-glass composite layer that used in multi-layers polypropylene pipes is permeant for oxygen.
According to actual construction rules and regulations use of polymer pipes without oxygen-impermeable layer for systems of high temperature heating (≥90 ºС) is prohibited!
Water oxygenation saturation in heating system leads to incipient cavitation which has destructive effect on metal parts of cocks, pumps and furnaces.
Usually, adjuster or apartment owner even don’t suggest that when installing polypropylene pipes with fiber-glass composite layer for the heating system in apartment buildings they have a risk of claims from administration companies, owners and operators of host-based heating systems.
Antidiffusion layer of metal-reinforced plastic pipes BioPipe Pert-Al-Pert is aluminum. So, metal-reinforced plastic pipes BioPipe Pert-Al-Pert are suitable for high temperature heating systems in apartment buildings.
Metal-reinforced plastic pipes BioPipe Pert-Al-Pert are recommended to use for high-temperature heating system because according to its nominal specifications it can be used with higher temperatures and it has oxygen-permeable aluminum layer. Metal-reinforced plastic pipes BioPipe Pert-Al-Pert are also can be used for underfloor heating system and hot water supply system.
One-layer pipes BioPipe Pert are designed for underfloor heating system and for hot water supply system. According to actual construction rules and regulations use of polymer pipes without oxygen-impermeable layer for systems of high temperature heating (≥90 ºС) is prohibited!
For production of metal-reinforced plastic pipes BioPipe Standart Pert-Al-Pert we use the material Pert I and for production of pipes BioPipe Premium we use the material Pert II. Use of different types of polyethylene Pert effect on emergency temperature. Working emergency temperature during one hour (maximum) for pipes BioPipe Standart is 110 ºС and for pipes BioPipe Premium is maximum 124,7 ºС.
Moreover, pipes BioPipe Premium have distinctive red line and pipes BioPipe Standart don’t have it.
So, there are only two differences between BioPipe Standart and BioPipe Premium: emergency working temperature and red line.
Nowadays solid-drawn metal-reinforced plastic pipes are very popular at the markets. It is called solid-drawn because it is welded in end-to-end manner.
According to test results weld welded in the overlap manner is stronger than weld welded in the end-to-end manner. It means that strength characteristics of metal-reinforced plastic pipes that have aluminum layer welded in the overlap manner are stronger than the same pipes welded in end-to-end manner.
Metal-reinforced plastic pipes BioPipe Pert-Al-Pert are produced according to Britain technology in the overlap manner.
There are several advantages of welded (diffusion) technique of assembling of polymer pipelines:
1. The main advantage is quality of assemblage. As the result of welding we have interpenetration of materials and in the end polymer monolith. Equal values of thermal-expansion coefficient of pipe and fitting eliminate the risk of leaks at the junction.
Mechanical joint fittings are very popular on the markets. There are several types of such mechanical joint fittings: twist lock fittings, press-fittings and new push-fittings. It is necessary to understand that these fittings and pipes are made from different materials. That’s why val-ues of thermal-expansion coefficient of fittings and polymer pipe are different. With the lapse of time elasticity of polymer of pipe become to be flimsy.
On the market there are also twist lock fittings. It appeared on the markets for the purpose of problem solving of mechanical joint fittings. Usage of the same polymer allows aligning of disbalance of heat growth of pipe and fitting. Price of initial batch of such fittings is high. In addition to the above this connection continues to be mechanical. With the lapse of time drafting power of polymer of fitting is going to be weaker but this joint is expected to be serviceable. But it is better to remember that these are new fittings and there is not enough information about it.
2. Important advantage is the price of fitting. It is cheaper than mechanical joint fittings by 5-8 times. Production of welded fittings is easier and material for its production is cheaper.
3. One more fundamental advantage of welded technique is unserviceable joint. It means that during all service life of pipeline it is not necessary to change or to tight fittings. Such joints can be concreted.
According to construction rules and regulations it is recommended to use polymer pipes with connection parts of the same producer. Only in this case customer receives a guarantee for pipeline in bulk.
Welded fittings BioFitt are made from Pert material and it’s possible to use it only with pipes from similar material.
Remember that according to construction rules and regulations it is recommended to use polymer pipes with connection parts of the same producer.
In case of using it with pipes of others producers guarantee doesn’t cover pipeline.
Yes, it is possible to use pipes BioPipe with mechanical joint fittings if dimensions of these fittings correspond to pipe wall thickness.
Specialty of construction BioFitt for metal reinforced plastic pipes is welding. It is welded in three planes: outer pipe surface, bearing face and bore surface. Such construction has raised strength of connections and eliminates the risk of layering of metal reinforced plastic pipes.
Pipes with bigger diameter need more time for heatup.
After 3-4 years of working all mechanical joint fittings have a risk of leakage.
The only difference between fittings BioFitt Standart and BioFitt Premium is reinforcement ring that have only fittings BioFitt Premium.
Thread pieces and reinforcement rings of fittings BioFitt are made from nickel-plated brass.
Under the temperature of 90 ºС damage pressure for fittings BioFitt is more than 5,0 MPa.
The only role of reinforcement ring is secondary guarantee for proper joint.